Sunday 8 March 2009

London

So on Tuesday I'm off to Dubai for a week.

I haven't been there for about 2 years and each time before it was for work; this time it is my money so I will make the most of it!

I remember it is advisable to buy your maxium amount of alcohol in duty free before you arrive as wine and spirits are really expensive (like GBP25 for a bottle of the cheapest wine) in Dubai.
2 Litres of spirits is probably the best value for money.

2 years ago they started a road toll scheme on the main highway, I think it is electronic tag based so I have no idea how that works with hire cars, but I don't intend to drive this time as I won't have time between the beach, spa and bars...

The weather is looking good http://www.dubaitourism.ae/Weather/tabid/326/language/en-US/Default.aspx